View Single Post
Old 03-21-2006, 02:59 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipa
I did another one of my "random searches" and found it surprising that up to and including 2005 (last stats I could find) the US continues to import asbestos, albeit in ever smaller amounts. Asbestos mining in the US stopped in 2002.
http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pu...asbesmcs06.pdf
Those are some interesting searches. I'd be really curious as to who was using that asbestos and what for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipa
Ah... I think I understand the problem with banning asbestos in Canada. Might be a bit difficult for non-Canadians to understand, but I'll try. Asbestos is mined in Quebec. What Quebec wants, it usually gets in order to off-set threats of separation. Heck, there's even a town in Quebec called "Asbestos" which sits on the western world's largest known deposit of chrysotile. So I don't see a solution to this problem in the near future. Asbestos continues to be a big money maker for the Quebec economy. Only when everyone stops buying it will Quebec stop producing it.
I completly understand. Like the cigarette industry. Until people stop smoking, cigaretts will continue to be made.
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker