View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 01:50 PM

Re: Power Mode Selection

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoontwo View Post
Alright, after some confusion on my part..... It is completed!

I de-pinned A6(brown with black stripe) from the connector and put it into A4. At first, I thought I had failed and called upon Nomake for support. However, my car was half up on jackstands, so I didn't want to start it. It works just as he thought it would. Put in D, 3, or 2, and you have power mode as long as the manual switch is pushed in. The only thing is, as I pointed out to him, the manual switch is wired directly to the manu. light on the dashboard so when you're in power mode, the manu. light is also on.

So, for those who don't know. To de-pin the harness, first undo the clips on the side. Then there's a flap that folds out. This will allow you to get the pin out after you release the locking mechanism. Now I found a safety pin works good for unlocking it. To unlock the pin, with the connector facing you as it would plug in to the TCU, insert the pin into the big open area as close to the metal pin as possible. You should not get too far before you can feel a little lip. You need to get under the lip, then just gently pull the wire out from the backside, or push a second safety pin into the tiny slot in the front of the connector, and push the pin out.
Does ANYONE have a photo of this released terminal? I've tried this in every slot down the row and it's worked on none of them. 2 jewelers screwdrivers, 1 safety pin, 1 finishing nail and 1 long male spade......zilch.