View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomake Wan View Post
This is correct. The software in the UK means that grounding A4 makes power mode completely unavailable. Whereas in the US, Japan, NZ, etc... grounding A4 enables power mode exclusively.

Meaning that though you could wire up the "ECON" light to come on when A4 is not grounded, it would be meaningless; you could still get power mode to come on through the tried-and-true mash-the-gas method.
Thanks Nomake.

Since you don't use the econ button and econ light, what would be good to achieve would be to use the shifter button [which I am assuming is MANU on your cars, but nobody has confirmed yet] and rewire it so it is dual purpose.

In the ON position, like it is wired now, it could activate the MANU map in the gearbox.

In the OFF position it could be wired to ground pin A4 and to light up the ECON bulb. This would give you Power mode all the time which would be indicated by the Econ light. I reckon this would be useful to the OBD2 guys whose Power light does not come on.

If you feel the need for more sedate driving, then switch on Manu. The SVX has buckets of torque for starting in 2 range. I drove my first SVX for a year with only 3 range working until I found someone who could fix the gearbox

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl