View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 02:30 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
Re: Transmission Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
Yeah but I don't like the idea of the TC not locking up, even for around the town driving. It defeats the purpose, to some extent, since more heat will be generated. And that heat is lost energy which hits your gas mileage. From what I have been told, the most important thing is to make sure the transmission is not shifting constantly and driving in 3rd does that. I also understand that some people believe that driving in lower gears, at higher RPMs also puts less stress on some tranny components like the bearings. So that's a good thing. But I still don't like that the TC doesn't lock up. Would be nice to get a TCU upgrade that allows the TC to lock up in power mode, at all speeds.
I wouldn't want to the TC to lockup during town driving. In town, it constantly locks and unlocks, so I don't know how that would be beneficial.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi