View Single Post
Old 01-23-2005, 09:17 PM
clarkerussell

I'm screwed... Need advice ASAP!!!

I've just driven my SVX to orlando for a week of vacation. About half way there I noticed a loud noise from my rear wheels. I had no choice but to continue on for the rest of the 300 miles. Needless to say, the bearings are shot.. REALLY, REALLY shot.. Almost to the point of not being able to talk over the noise.

I'm leaving on Thursday so I need to take the car to a Stealer for repair ASAP. How much should it run me for a new left rear wheel bearing? Since I'm not at my house (and on vacation) I'm going to have to pay them to put it on for me and I'm really worried about getting screwed. I'm between a rock and a hard place here.

Regardless, I need to get a few questions answered:

1) In Orlando it looks like there are 3 Subaru dealers. Does anyone have a recommendation for me?

2) On Subaruparts.com when I try to add the rear wheel bearing it automatically adds two of them to the cart. I'm assuming that's two per vehicle, not per side, right?

3) At Subaruparts.com they are offering the inner and outer gease seals in pairs as well. Is this per side, or per vehicle?

4) Besides the whole shipping grease/operating grease knowledge, is there anything else I need to be aware of? Thanks in advance!

Clarke