View Single Post
Old 02-19-2004, 05:44 PM
Zap

Hello. I'm one of the two main planners for WCSS6. Nice to meet you all.
We would like to make everybody feel welcome.

I can answer any questions you may have, but for starters, I'll give you all some heads up first.

Quote:
Does this show get strong attendance?
Yes, the last show actually numbered over 90 at the 03 show, the same with the 3 previous years. We expect twice that this year.

Quote:
In the past the show had always been put on by PNWSEC, Jamie "Subiegal" Thomas' club, but that club has now folded. But looks like the show will go on, although this year there are some new people in charge of organizing it. So it may be interesting to see what happens, how many attend, etc. As I said in my first post, it is interesting to note that all those involved in the thread so far are owners of the old 80's Subaru's, most of them modded for off-roading use. I understand these are also the guys in charge of putting on the event this year. Jamie is a rally X driver and the majority of PNWSEC were Imprezza types, so it is an interesting change in leadership for the event. I'm just babbling though, I think I have been around this little Subaru world too long.
Jamie can't spare the time with work, family, and Pro Rally, so Ken and I stepped forward. We have experience putting together gatherings with the old school offroad crowd, so figured we'd give it a shot. We both Rally X, so we know the folks at the SCCA's Oregon Rally Group. I've been involved in Imprezas for a while now, so know a few from that crowd. Ken has a few legacys as well as his offroader, so is involved with the Newer Gen Board on the USMB.

Please feel free to fire away with questions and suggestions. We'd love to have some SVXs!! Subaru is a Subaru is a Subaru. . .

Eric Zap