View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 05:52 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
Chris, I hope it does show 5 hp improvement, but like Bill, I'm going to go on record with a guess also, different from Bill's.

My estimate is you will only realise one or two hp at the most. However you will benefit from a good torque improvement of 5-8 lbs from 4k to 5k.

I'm basing this on the fact that the principal fuelling change has been to richen up 3k to 5k.

You are in fact getting the change/improvement where it is most useful on the road, punch for overtaking.

Joe
You know what we should do... When I can finally get back down to the Dyno and do 3 more pulls (whenever they do another Dyno day with the Wilmington Subaru guys and get a discount rate), we should start a pot for bets to see who can guess the closest gains ... Maybe a new thread with a poll or something... Not sure when the new dyno day will be but I'll be sure to let everyone know so they can start the thread

~ Chris

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...