View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 12:30 AM
#lolsvx

Registered SVX
Re: Just installed my STi coilovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireiron View Post
So I'm running fortune 500 05-07 STi coilovers with swift 9K front 7K rear coils. I just got the fronts in and wanted to let you see how i setup the front swaybar mounts. I am using whiteline front endlinks for the GD sedan chassis and I welded a tab that I made onto the control arm to mount them to.

This is the right side, 1/4 inch steel plate. Clears all parts and keeps the swaybar at the same height.

I havn't put the rears in yet, planning to do that in a week or two. For those I am swapping out the rear knuckles for the 05-07 rear knuckles to A) go with the brembo rear brakes to match the front 6 piston brembos and B) make mounting the rear coilovers a direct fit to the knuckles without having to enlarge anything on the coilovers.

I'm running stock height with mine though, the SVX is low enough as it is and the roads around me are awful. I had to max out the height adjustment on the front coilovers just to get it to almost stock height without messing with the coil preload adjustment to get more height. This will also help me clear the 265/35/18s I have to run on it.
Sounds like a beast of a setup. Definitely keep all of us posted on the hub swap, I've wanted to do one myself but don't have the means right now. Would you be able to use STi bearings as well?
STi Airlift Performance air suspension
2005 WRX manual swap
Rear wheel drive
K-Staff front bumper
Delta Speed side skirts
JDM clear corners
Smallcar grille
Subaru XT steering wheel
Subaru XT shift knob

First bagged SVX in the world
Worlds first SVX on air suspension.
Custom made (by myself) spare tire subwoofer.