View Single Post
Old 03-26-2002, 06:12 AM
EverclearAtMSU

Quote:
Originally posted by huck369

Just replaced the mast on my 94, it comes with the plastic cord as part of the mast, cost about $44 delivered, installed it myself, the labor must be why your's cost $130, Subaru probably gets 2 hours for removing the whole assmeblly and replacing the mast.
I took it to the circuit city "road shop" yesterday, just because my friend is the manager over there and he usually hooks me up. I'm looking at $80 to replace it, and the little plastic thingie is broken inside. He said that because I turned the car on and off while the mast was bent, that it held the plastic thingie and stripped the gears that it uses to bring the plastic thingie in and out, that pushes the antena in and out. $80 is the price of parts, no labor charge.

I currently can get some stations, but it's stuck in the up position. and the reception on some of my non local stations is really bad.

I'm going to go yell at DPS (the office that handles all the parking/traffic stuff over here) and see if I cant get some $ out of them.