View Single Post
Old 04-14-2006, 05:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to Iceman59718
Thank you trevor for the very informative reply. I just got off the phone with my friend back in WI who is a mechanic, and he told me something similar just not in as much detail. I like to think I'm fairly mechanically inclined, but since moving out here I don't have my buddy to help me and oversee what I'm doing so I guess serious errors like these are inevitable in the learning process. The alternator will be in on monday and I've already replaced all the bad fuses with the proper replacements. I'll follow your suggestions (with fingers crossed) and let you know the results. Thanks also for the heads up on the alternator rewire "mod." I'm still pretty green when it comes to the SVX so any help is always appreciated. Even in light of my current problems I'm already in love with my car, shes's my baby. I realized just how much I love her now that I'm driving my 98 Jetta again (2.slow engine). I can't really complain. I'm just glad I have a backup car until the SVX is back on the road which will hopefully be soon........

Cheers,

-Dave