Thread: tranny cooler
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2001, 11:09 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Just to clarify: My tranny rebuilder was the one who recommended the parallel set-up. This guy's in his latter 40's and he's the third generation owner of the shop that his grandfather started and his dad passed down to him. I asked him about the flow loss -- he said that any flow loss would be negligible.

My experience is, that the cooler must be doing its job. After installation, I noticed that it took longer for the TC to kick in (engages when tranny fluid reaches 50 degrees F). I could set my clock by it on the way to work in the morning. I would feel it kick in about five miles down the road. After installation, I was almost finished with my 40 mile trek to work before it kicked in. If flow was being restricted, the temp would rise quicker and the TC would kick in sooner. So, I figure the expertise of a lifetime tranny man will negate the shade tree modifier any day of the week. But then, that's only my opinion.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI