View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 07:38 PM

Re: Direct bolt-on calipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 SVX View Post
yes, with those 6 pot brembos, you need 18's the 4 pots may be able to fit stock 16's.

I personally think 18s' are the best size though lol
I'd be happy with 4-pots, since I just got some 17s, lol...

But on this car, 6-pots are probably overkill in stock trim. I have a 2004 Saturn VUE with the Honda 3.5 24V V6 with a 5-speed auto, and that vehicle is MUCH more responsive to drive than my SVX. I think the Honda 3.5 is rated at 250hp, so it has more hp than the SVX, but the VUE just gets up and goes without too much effort. On the SVX, it has a much more leisurely acceleration pace, unless you mash the gas pedal. That's fine by me, it's not really a sports car, more of a sports tourer, and for that it does a great job!

I used to have a Harley Sportster 1200R, and upgraded from the stock 2-pot calipers to Wilwood 4-pots, and that was plenty of brake for that bike. I would imagine going with a 4-pot / 2-pot setup would achieve pretty much the same results on my SVX, all with fitting under my current 17" wheels.
Honda Accord wheels 17x7.5, 235/45s, 5mm rear wheel spacers; "3.3" and "AWD" badges on front fenders; AMR radiator/fans; lowering springs, s/s brake lines, drilled rotors; Stebro exhaust with quad tips, mid-muffler removed; tinted windows.