View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 08:55 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: New Shift Kit Developed

Quote:
Originally Posted by poweredx2 View Post
Well here goes,I will answer the first question,I would expect gains in the 1/4 because of two shifts,but last nght at the local 1/8 mile track they had a sportsman shootout and the track was sticky,also I had bfg drag radials on 225/45/17 just to be sure I would run a 9.5 well I launched the car at 2500 and I knew this was a GOOD RUN BUT WHEN IT SHIFTED TO SECOND MY diff. exploded I did get a 1.96 60ft.My diff.was going anyway but Aamco rebuilt the tranny but didn't touch the diff because it was ok even though it was whining,so hey I have a lifetime warranty.Anyone has a list of vechicles that I can get a 4.44 diff. from remember I am fwd.I'll be back.

If it was due to too much traction don't you think the hole-shot would have killed it? I do not suggest a 4.44 diff. I installed a 4.44 diff into a FWD and not too long after he blew a hole in the case while driving "spirited". I would imagine you would end up doing the same with drag radials. Maybe a 4.11 over the 3.70's you have now??? Much easier to find too

Tom