View Single Post
Old 11-28-2003, 07:24 AM
96svxer

Sorry to hear that. Yeah my seabelts worked great for about two weeks, and they are on the fritz again. Who knows. So I completly tore apart me door and got out my old multi-meter and starting measuring voltages and resistance (cant let those 4 years of college go to waste). Again, I wasn't getting any seat belt error codes either. I drew out a complete pin out of all pins/connection/voltages/resistances. Basically what was happening, long story short is my seatblet motor was'nt getting any voltage, when I applied 12 volts directly to the motor is fired and ran fine. SO that leaves up with either a bad limit switch (even though I didn't have a code) or a bad computer. I measure the resistance over the rear limit switch and it had some very funny readings, so I'm guessing the switch was going. Keeping in mind that my seatbelts would fire sometime, and not others. I'm ordering a new one from Kervin subaru, I'll let you know if it cures the problem. If you want I could e-mail all the measurments I took. Maybe it will help you out