View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 05:22 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX
Re: auto seat belt stuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele View Post
A while back someone found out what the intermitent seat belt fix was. I don't remember who it was, but maybe someone else does. It would be good to find it and I will get it into the How-To Docs.
That might be me. I've given the wiring diagram out to a couple of members, but I'm not sure anyone else has tried it yet. Over 2 1/2 years with a brick of relays back there and my seatbelt has never let me down yet. When I get home I'll pull the PDF and send it to you, if you'd like.

Edit: I've attached the Wiring Diagram. It's pretty self-explanatory but if you have any questions just hit me up. I haven't looked at this stuff since I installed it, so I might need to jog my memory.

In a nutshell, with a multimeter we found that one of the two wires leading to the motor was dead. That means that when that wire is Negative (-) the belt still functions, but when it needs to switch to Positive (+) it isn't sending power to the motor (i.e. belt goes forward, but doesn't return). The Yellow, and Green wires (Door Trigger, Belt [forward] Trigger respectively) were found locally in the space behind the door. Grey and Red (Ignition Trigger and Constant +) were brought from under the dash. A fuse was placed in-line on the Constant +, and we tested it until we found the right rating (basically we stopped the belt motion by force and the fuse blew, we kept blowing fuses until we found a rating that seemed good).

Hope this helps somebody. I'd be honored to contribute this to the network. If you think it'd help I could tear back into it and take some pics.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SUBARU RELAY KIT.pdf (72.5 KB, 229 views)
'92 LS-L "Bandit" #362 formerly dark teal, repainted by prev owner
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Buying parts is like car payments. Someday she'll be all mine.

Last edited by K_Dub; 03-27-2011 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Found that file.