View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 09:25 PM

Re: $5, 5 minute droopy visor fix

When I got my pearlie two years ago, it was missing the driver's side visor and the passenger side was held up with velcro. The P.O. said he would fix it before I took the car, and he did, sorta. The driver's side now has a droopy visor, and the passenger side has one that stays up, but the headliner is pulled apart above it. I asked my upholstery guy if it could be fixed, and he said the fix was replacing the entire headliner. He gave me a workaround, however. A few long straight pins, the kind clothing manufacturers use to stab you with when you open a new shirt, pushed not straight up into the headliner, but back (to the rear) in the recess where the visor fits has stopped most of the sagging. The ideal thing, short of a complete (expensive) headliner replacement, would be to use some sort of hypodermic needle to inject glue between the liner and its backing. I'm looking for the right combination of tool and materials. And the driver's side liner is starting to come down, just from age, so I'm eventually going to have to find some sort of fix.
Paul
'93 Mercury (Aussie) Capri