View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 10:55 PM
95pologreen

Send a message via AIM to Crazypolo95
the 225/45/17 in my pointe are bad bigger would be better cuz we losse some of that body roll and it just makes the car feel different.I all ready have the rims stock 05 sti Gold bbs, tires are going to be the Ecsta SPT size 235/45/17.. right now i have some 235/45/17 but got them use with 30% left so i could of have some fun. so i don't know if the new ones will fit. Also going to put some drop sprring. So is that going to help or be bad. need to know before this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySVX
With 245/45/17 what sort of modifications would one need to do? 245's seem awfully big, what sort of offset are on your rims? I'm guessing you'd need to replace the rear struts/springs and stiffen the suspention, especially if the rear is sagging, which tends to happen quite often.

I have 225/45/17's on my 94, and the gap doesn't look bad. If you want to go larger, make sure you stiffen the suspention, because bumps and rough roads will cause you to run into clearance issues when the springs compress. You could lower the suspention iwth coilovers, but just stiffen it up. This will decrease the ride quality at a bonus of appearance. Personally i love how mine rides, but with the 215's on the front of my teal, they're to narrow and i brake traction when pulling out suddenly from a stop sign, so 245's would be nice if i could find rims iwth the right offset.