Old 10-29-2006, 08:35 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
New symptoms:
Theres a batterey idiot light that is on when the keys arent in the ignition

Otherwise, nothing's changed. I went to the lot I had it parked overnight at,put the key in and fired it right up. Strange for a problem to simply go away without anything changing. So I drove it all day today, making stops here and there, even managed to fix my power steering pump and take it on a much deserved backroads cruise. I had to stop at my friend's houseto drop off some tools and bam, it refuses to start again. I fiddled with the ignition switch, and it does seem loose, but the screw for it is inaccesable. Pushing it in with my fingers while trying to start it has no effect. For ****s and giggles I pulled engine codes and came up with like...4 things...which is strange because everything is and sincemy engine swap, has been in good working order. Could there be a ground that is common to multiple sensor wires that has gone bonkers? could my ignition still be screwed up? Is there a relay in the main fuse box that could be malfunctioning?
Id like to figure out what the hell is wrong with this car, rather than add it to the list of fwd barcelona red L models with electrical problems being parted out (Seems likeaminor trend theese days)
When this happened to me it turned out to be a corroded positive terminal on the battery. Sometimes it was fine, and other times it would not start and the lights go dim. I cleaned the terminal and it would happen again like 3 or 4 more months later. The last time I cleaned it I sprayed on terminal protector spray and it's been all good ever since. Make sure the wires on the starter and battery are clean and tight, and check all your ground wires too for corrosion or rust.