View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 04:36 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by fait_svx
No, the construction of those buildings was flawed, not the design. Rebuilding the twin towers would be the greatest tribute imho. Building that freedom tower would be like saying "ok terrorists, you did it, you altered the landscape of our largest and greatest city forever, you prevailed". Why not build the twin towers again, but make it stronger and safer than any building ever built.
I don't agree. We can't help but admit that what happened altered that city forever. It happened and the city was changed. Everybody knows it happened and the city was changed, so what are you trying to hide? What you're suggesting, and what the petition suggests, is that we should make it the same so nothing looks like it's changed, but still alter it in a specific way to pay tribute.

But that alteration would still be a change, wouldn't it? Isn't that still the same admission you think you're trying to prevent?

Okay, so let's say that the city gives in to your wacko demand and says, 'okay, what do you want?' The answer, according to that petition, is to rebuild the towers, but better. Won't that make them completely different structures, 'admitting defeat' or whatever?

I don't have a problem with the 'Freedom Towers' or whatever else the city decides should go on that site. The conclusion easily seemed to be, right away, that something greater and bigger than what was there before should be build, and I don't see how that will admit defeat or whatever. That's horse puckey.

You know what else is horse puckey? Petitiononline.com. I'd like to see the stats on how many of the petitions on that site really changed anything.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE