View Single Post
Old 09-21-2003, 02:06 AM
tuzem

Guess what happened to me just now hehe! I've rented this Buell X1 Lightning and I've been speeding around all day ( you can't imagine the feeling of a V-twin pulling a 400lb bike + a 225 ride with it's 100HP!) So, I have my sister and I'm showing her 0-60mph on this small street one block from home. I she really licked the acceleration and asked me to do it again. I said "No! It's maybe too much. I've been speeding too much today and that can't be good!" So, instead we decide to try zig-zag on the yellow line on my street... next thing I know THERE IS A DAMN COP BEHIND ME!!! heheh Guy pulls me over right infront of my house! He was a really nice officer though and let me go

Cop: "A Buell, huh? You wanna get one! I like them to. When I clocked you you were doing 39mph --- that's when you were already slowing down! But I understand. Slow down for me. It's a fun bike!"

How cool is that!!!

Something else REALLY COOL:

I went to a public car auction today (where I got my SVX in June) and there was a Barcelona Red SVX for sale! 18-inch Enkei rims and new tires. Some kind of kick-ass exhaust and and a huge cone air intake. The guy had cut a whole in the quarter pannel (on the inside of course) to fit the sucker inthere. The car had 155K miles on it. The bids got up to $2700 but the car didn't sell. I think the owner wanted around $5K... and the BEST PART!!!:
On the front license plate holder there was a message:
"I can survive any crisis! I have an SVX!"

Must have been a forum member or some enthusiast.

I'm gonna post this story as a thread in the big forum too. I think it's worth sharing