View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 04:06 PM
<<<Alcyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S.
I was thinking about that this morning, and what I thought was, the people doing this test and handing in the results were using cheap or poor quality fuel, have mismanaged their tune-ups and general have little knowledge of what's going on under their own hood.
I imagine an older vehicle in poorly running condition might yeild a noticeable improvement in switching to "the best gas in your area" as the directions require, and some solvent action. Someone trying to keep an eye on their fuel gauge might be more cautious during this testing phase as well so I believe the results are real, but the method more orthodox than plainly revealed.

On that note I noticed my engine ran much smoother and my belt stopped the light squealing today over the first 25 miles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budfreak
I live in a pretty major area here in Akron, And I notice a difference in my mileage between brands and octane alot around here. Sunoco 94 is ultimately the best I've found so far, followed by believe it or not, Sheetz 93. My mileage pretty much sucks on everything else around here though. I got 300 miles to this tank of premium with 5 ozs. Acetone But due to the circumstances at the time, I used an off brand gas station due to it was so cheap(that's the tank I got for 4 dollars) and I blame the poor mileage on that and the fact my crank pulley detonated again and in the days before it did, it was knocking and making my timing retard. But that's another story in another thread.
I see we're definitely getting quite a bit of variance in the outcome of the testing.

The acetone fixed NikFu S.'s belt squeal (possibly tied into the crank pulley) but it caused Budfreak's pulley to explode.

This is starting to sound like a cure-all and kill-all at the same time. I think I'm going to wait until I see more conclusive evidence before I test it in one of my cars . . .

Dan