Thread: tranny cooler
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 04:33 PM
The NEWBIE

Registered SVX
Re: tranny cooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
I disagree. From what people have said, lack of line pressure and fluid flow is what kills these transmissions. Once it starts slipping it generates huge amounts of heat. ...
But then you have excessive cooling capacity and, in cold weather, you will have a delayed TC lockup if it locks up at all.
i actually read one of your posts and that was why i kinda average between the huge ones and the 4110 that you recommended...i also sent you a private message which you didn't read i guess
well i live in the SF bay area and it hardly ever gets below 40F here...
is it possible to put some sort of pump in the way to increase the flow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92snowmachine View Post
i just installed a tube and fin for full size trucks and noticed that when in bypass mode (mainly only used up in the mountains) it won't lock up the torque converter until about a half hour of driving, when in series (used during daily driving during the winter) it only takes a few minutes. also the space in front of the radiator is very limited so unless you have a really good reason to put it there i would recommend to put it where the how to docs shows, only took about 1/2 hour and works just as well.
so as easy as you say it is to change the hoses, can i put it on the stock cooler when it's cold and on aftermarket cooler when it's not?

I don't think that the place in the how to docs gets anywhere near the airflow in front of the radiator...and it gets to be helped by the radiator fan in stop n go traffic....
the one i currently have is 3/4" which CAN fit in...with a lot of cursing:P
-Regasketed Engine @140k
-Enkei Raijin 18x8.5, with 255/35/18's @140k
-BC racing Coilovers (From STI's) @142k