Thread: 4EAT failure?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 11:29 AM

Re: 4EAT failure?

Thanks - I might consider it at some point. Right now, I think I'm evaluating whether or not to even keep the car. It's been a bit of a pain. As much as I love the SVX in general, and I've wanted one since 1990 when I saw the concept car in Popular Mechanics. I even almost bought one new in '98 (an unsold mica black LSi).

Unfortunately, as much as I love the SVX, I think I might be better off with a second XT6. I'd love to have an SVX in my "stable" of Subarus, but currently the position this car fills is that of my daily driver. My XT6 is sitting un-driven (although I think I'm about to re-tag it and let the SVX sit) and is "promised" to my 16 year old daughter. My Tribeca is really my wife's car.

This isn't just a rant or an emotional response to my current problem, it's a rational evaluation of where I stand economically and practically with this vehicle. My XT6 is far less problematic and much easier to work on when I DO have issues. Don't get me wrong - I really really really wish I could keep the SVX, but right now the financial future looks pretty bleak with this thing.

It has a couple of other major problems that I need to get fixed rather just living with them... one of which is a brake line leak that causes me to go through about a pint of brake fluid a week (even driving it touching the brakes as absolutely little as possible, e.g., sitting in neutral at stoplights with my foot off the brake, etc.).

Sorry - got off topic there.

'96 LSi, Laguna Blue (retired - soon going to a new home)
'89 XT6 5 speed (Gone but not forgotten)