View Single Post
Old 10-07-2003, 04:04 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

re: hang in there michelle

hang in there michelle and if a good deal comes along, pick up another svx for backup. i know the feeling of not having the svx which made me keep an eye out for a good opportunity and a good deal. hopefully once they get that problem resolved you won't have anything else major for 12 months .

trevor, i believe that inefficiency of the 'shops' here stems from the lack of easily attainable parts for our svx's. when my steering rack and pinion started smoking, i could not find a single source in the state of georgia that had one unit that i could purchase. every parts dealer i called gave me a timeframe of 1-2 weeks. the same for front axles. apparently they do not stock many parts for a limited, out of production, low volume sales cars.

i know you've seen alot of posts about shoddy workmanship on the board, but i believe people never write about excellent workmanship in these parts. if they did, the posts of excellent workmanship may outnumber the posts on shoddy workmanship. i'm sure that there are varying levels of competencies and the difference in the ratio between good to bad technicians worldwide is not that great.