View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 07:45 PM

Re: Great deal on snow tires!

Don't know about summer tires. Don't know about cheap all weather tires. Don't know about cheep snow tires.

All I know is that for the last 20 years I have driven Subaru's with premium M&S tires several thousand miles in snow conditions without a problem.

In most cases There were so many cars that had spun out beside the roads, including freeways that it reminded me of a war zone. From the conversation going on here, more than likely some of you were there beside the road as we drove by.

My 90 legacy brought me home several years ago from Reno on a highway that was actually closed to traffic. Only vehicle we saw was a big 4wd rig from Canada that was on our tail with us traveling 70-80- mph all the way. The snow was several feet deep on both sides of the road that it almost seemed like we were driving in a tunnel.

In the SVX a few years back I-5 north was closed and the whole freeway was like a parking lot. Hundreds of people spent the night on the freeway and many just got out and tried to walk home. My wife worked 25 miles away and got off work at midnight. I drove the 25 miles and picked her up and drove her home. I didn't see one car moving on I-5 north the whole 25 miles of my trip to pick her up.

I have mentioned several times that "we pray a lot".

Keith