Thread: Droid
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Hater

Re: Droid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySVX View Post
I beta tested the droid software a few months back. I was exceptionally unimpressed though. It doesn't do anything that a windows mobile phone does not, and windows mobile has been out longer, so there's more out there for it. Plus, it's completely incompatible with any sort of proprietary software.
Windows isn't even compatible with itself! i shudder to think what WinMobile is like.

Quote:
I myself have a Touch Pro2 by Verizon, and it is an awesome phone. It does gps just like you listed, I completely customized my desktop to display exactly what i need, shortcuts to mail, txt, vm, missed calls, important apps, displays time, calendar and my upcoming appointments. it's currently tethered via bt to my bt headset streaming xm radio via an xm radio app that is installed. I can start wifi sharing, which makes it a wireless access point to share it's broadband with anything in wireless range. i blue tooth to share files with my pc, can remote desktop into my home computer with an 800x480 resolution, which also makes web browsing and pretty much everything wonderfully easy.

While the android software may be able to do this stuff in time, it can't do it now, which is when I need it. I need my email, my txt, my calls, right now, all the time, for business reasons. stereo bt headset to listen to xm radio in my office allows me to take my music literally anywhere. it has a 3.5mm jack so i can plug in headphones, or hook it up to my home theater system to play music through that. I can display excel worksheets, PowerPoint presentations, and word documents, to review before approving and sending on, if i'm not in front of my computer. and then there's the facebook app too.
Android has all that, except for the XM, which i wouldn't use anyway.

Quote:
Before you discount WinMO look at what it can really do. Sure if you're still on a Mogul it's a bit dated, but the TP2 has revolutionized phones. The Touch HD and Touch HD2 are also nice phones that are slimmer but lack the keyboard.
take your WinMO and GTFO of mah thread!

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)