Thread: Droid
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 07:40 AM
Hater

Re: Droid

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
That looks a very good phone Alan. I heard my son talking about them [he's the geeky game playing generation ] but we don't get them here yet.

A month ago I changed to an iPhone from a Nokia E51. The Nokia actually had more business usable features, but the screen was so small it felt you were browsing the internet on a postage stamp.

For that reason alone I moved to the iPhone. I need to be actually able to read the emails, not just receive them It does most things wonderfully well, a few things not so good. It does certain things that actually "surprise and delight", but in particular I suppose it does email and internet in a faultless way, and that's why I bought it.

Fit for purpose.

I notice your Droid has the benefit of a pull out keyboard. If that was available here, I'd have it. There is actually a new Nokia that has a keyboard like that and the bigger screen which I liked, but no way was I paying the money they were asking. Next year they'll be giving them away with a contract, I can wait.

Joe

i seriously considered switching to AT&T a while ago to get an iPhone, but now i'm glad i didn't. i have an iPod Touch (iPhone without the "phone"), and can say i like the Droid better. the only downside i can see is that there aren't as many games for it, but if i REALLY need to play solitaire or fishing, i can just use the iPod.

the screen size and resolution are better than the iPhone - its very nice for teh internets. this is the first cell phone i've actually paid money for in the last 11 years.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)