View Single Post
Old 07-14-2003, 09:26 PM
Unstoppable

I plan of forcing it by sheer power into the 10s. I am planning on a MK1.5 conversion, which means taking the MK2 Turbo MR2 motor and putting it in the back of the MK1 MR2. Good for about 245 HP in a car with originally 112. The 3SGTE is good for I think around 600+ HP. The MK1 needs only about 450 to the wheels to break into the high 10s. Slap on a BFT, build the engine up and go with a standalone EMS and it should be there.

The car is going to be a major sleeper, looking 99% stock with full interior. The front end is torn apart right now to try and get the rusty parts off of the body as its going to be put through alot of stress once its fully built up. I also plan on going with the full treatment- suspension, brakes, ETC so it will be an all around race car.

Price you ask? All said and done out the door probably about $20k. Having a car that will deliver 10s reliably and be one of the fastest MR2s? Priceless. I'm hoping to execute this so well that it could be daily driven, as my goal is to win the USCC in about 6 years if its still around. My only concern is aerodynamics which shouldnt be a problem, and getting traction, which should be a big problem.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
-George Carlin