View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 10:44 PM

Re: Every member please check in here!

Steve in California.

I am now the owner of a 1992 SVX LS-I.

I'm working long hours right now and haven't had time to get into it yet. The good news is I have plenty of overtime cash for the bits and pieces I will need to get it back up to snuff.

It's in pretty decent mechanical shape, 100,103 miles and mostly complete.

The paint is peeling and the tires are like skateboard wheels.

I'm burning off the gas in the tank with octane boost and driving it about 5 miles a day.

Probably get tires next week and take it out for a real drive.

It starts easy, usually on second turnover, hunts a bit and occasionally bogs down and stalls. Drivers window doesn't work, motor turns. Rear passenger window doesn't work, no sound from motor. A/c doesn't work. Brakes seem to stop her but not driven over 50mph yet. Hood and trunk struts are shot. Sun roof opens with a little push. Drivers door doesn't close flush but seems to close up to the sriker plate(I hate this particular problem 'cos the car has such a fine body shape) Engine is responsive and transmission and drivetrain seem smooth but hard to tell with the Flintstone tires. Has some kind of electrical problem that necessitated the disarming of the alarm system.

Apart from the obvious fix it issues it's a fun little project.

My user name is Dees Ride because Dee is my girls Mums name. Dee was the original owner. I'm from Manchester in the UK but I didn't like the weather. I'm originally an aircraft mechanic now working in the Aerospace industry, mostly doing inspection on SpaceX parts for a fairly large manufacturing company(machine shop)

I don't like putting any vehicle I own in the shop and I have anxiety attacks when I pass a dealership.

Looking forward too communicating with some of the other owners.