View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 10:49 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
can anyone with a scope measure the wavelengths of the stock circuit?? If so, I know the DCCD controller I use may also be able to be used to generate wavelengths that we desire. once I have an auto around to mess around with I will play with the resistor that you had mentioned Trevor... Really I have no use for this but the idea popped up in my head

Tom
Tom,

The frequency (waveform) of the signal involved is around 50 CPS, which is close to the frequency of your AC mains supply, which I believe is 60 CPS, ours being exactly 50 CPS. This gives you the feel of what is involved in respect of the frequency of the pulses, if you consider AC hum as an audio frequency. However it is the length of the "on" pulses within the constant frequency rate which provide control.

I am disappointed to learn that you really do not have use for what you proposed in view of the in time and effort expended. Even so it has been an interesting exercise.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!