View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Re: Transmission care

Well in that particular document you linked to and are sighting as a replacing the filter brought line pressure back instance he went from a long filter to a short filter so maybe his pan was dented--that causes a loss of line pressure. Anyway, a clogged filter is so contrary to everything I have seen I would have to suspect some sort of unaccounted for coincidence that was the true reason for a return of line pressure after a filter change if it did in fact happen.

I wired my air compressor into the 240 outlet for the the dryer the other day. I went to dry some clothes later the same day and the dryer didn't work. I figured I must have messed up a connection--too much of a coincidence for the dryer to break the same day. I checked the outlet poles with a multi-meter and they were all good but man it was just too much of a coincidence to accept the dryer broke at the same time--maybe a connection isn't tight enough so it has voltage but the dryer can't draw enough current. I took the outlet apart and retightened all the connections but the dryer still didn't work. To make a long story only medium long I did finally open up the dryer and find the switch that turns the dryer off when you open the door was bad. Not having a switch on hand and not caring if the dryer turns off I popped a crimp cap in place of the switch and my dyer works.

Moral of the story is coincidences do happen and it will take more than one reported case of changing a filter restoring line pressure to convince me the screens clog. That's just me though. Others will of course make up their own minds.