Thread: SubieSport
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
It's easy to tire of them. They are everywhere.

In fairness to the magazine, it is called Subiesport. By implication this has to mean emphasis on the Impreza, because that is the car the factory races.

Back in the early 90s they raced Legacies, but if the magazine is about Sports Subarus, it can only concentrate on Imprezas.

Good points Joe. But they do bill themselves as "the only independent magazine for all Subaru enthusiasts". According to their mission they supposedly cover all things Subaru, but there is a definite bias. They've had articles on other models in the past, even a few cover stories (like one on the old-school heavily modded off roaders up here in the NW). And they do keep up on the new models that come out, even the Tribeca and such. But I don't think they cover enough of that stuff proportionate to the one model they dedicate 75% of every issue to.

To be fair, 90% of "Subaru enthusiasts" that would be the type to actually buy any Subaru magazine are into Imprezzas and tuning them. The type that would buy all the other import mags on the shelves. Mr. Outback owner loves his Subaru but isn't going to go buy a magazine about it. SVX enthusiasts would, but there are like 112 of us.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...