View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
So, while everyone is stuck on racing techniques, I'm more interested in daily driving. The issue I have to deal with is commuter traffic. You have to stay on the tail of the car in front of you so no one will wedge in front of you while staying far enough back as to be able to out stop the car ahead.

Doing multiple 50MPH to standstill for minutes at a time leaves deposits on the rotors and is giving the "Warped rotor" feel after only a few months. I have always used Subaru pads and rotors because they are relatively cheap and I don't have to deal with parts people behind the counter. I try to have the new rotors turned before installation as the are never truly "true" out of the box. I do a proper bedding by slowing to a coast several times, raise speed, repeat, etc. No engaged brakes on a stationary warm disc during the process, yet the harsh commuter traffic is awful on the brakes.

What would anyone suggest as far as pads that leave the least deposits?

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker