Thread: tranny cooler
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2001, 04:13 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Perma Cool #12511 (drivers side fender well)
B & M 70255
Autometer ATM 2640
Havoline ATF - soon to be switched to synthetic once it gets a little warmer around here.

You could probably find a better gauge setup - or at least a better way to mount it. This one comes with no mounting cup, just bare gauge and wires hanging out the back. I still am not happy with my mount location of the corner between center console and dash by the drivers right knee but haven' t had the balls to cut up any interior parts to do a proper mount.

Nubsjr - I'm glad to hear you had good luck with this setup. Did you wire a separate on/off switch for the fan? I just routed it into the fuse box in the engine compartment to come on with the headlights, but after driving at low temps at night this past winter on long trips up north I realized there were some times when I wanted it turned off but needed the lights on - (torque converter unlocks automatically below about 140 degrees, even at 80mph)- I just unplugged it but I figure a switch is in order for the future, but I just hate to cut holes in the interior to mount switches.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.