View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 05:22 AM
Mechanical 'L' plater ahead

Re: Help sourcing a boot leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDW-SVX View Post
There is something that you may want to try in order to track down where the water is getting in - I did this to track down a boot water leak in my Vortex.

Remove all of the trim in the boot area, fold the rear seats down, and take your SVX through an automatic car wash (preferably the type that uses high pressure water, rather than brushes). Have a good look into the boot while the water is spraying on the car, and you may see where it is getting in from.
That's a great tip and I'll give it a go, thanks Jason!

I found the leak after taking it to a wash it yourself place - she was really dusty and grimy when I got her, so wanted to use a high pressure hose for a first rinse and I did spray into the joins to clear them out so it probably explains the amount of water there was. The wheel well was literally awash!

Thank you for the compliment on my new precious and I'm with you on the charcoal, but hey I'm biased. While I was poking around before I joined I'd noticed in your sig that you have one and was interested in what you had to say about the colour name - I've seen both dark grey and charcoal written in Subaru literature. Also liked that there was at least one other around.

Have to admit that I've really only shown her good side so far but will post pics of her wounds. I want to do what I can to both pretty her up a bit and protect the body until I can manage a respray (and that's a while off!).

Tania.

Last edited by plantchick; 08-14-2008 at 05:24 AM. Reason: 'cause I'm a twit