View Single Post
Old 06-14-2001, 10:58 AM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Quote:
Originally posted by rufus
I test drove one of the last generation Fiero GTs, with the redesigned suspension. It was a blast to drive, and for my personal tastes, probably the closest thing to a real sports car ever made by the Big Three (at least during my lifetime). That car with the high output Quad 4 or maybe even the 24 valve 6 would have been something...
Sorry to butt in here guys...but having worked at a pontiac dealership in the good old Fiero days....bwahhhaaahaaa. They were the absolute biggest fiasco I've ever seen! (sorry, I realize you bought one as a beater, and that's just what they were) They had so many recalls one tech could do recalls on them for days and stay busy! The final blow came when they contacted all the people that had bought them new and offered them huge, and I mean *HUGE* incentives to trade them back in! You don't have to worry about lemon laws with used cars. Our parts manager bought one and he got that offer and got a trans am for less money than he paid for the fiero...he was a happy camper!