View Single Post
Old 03-20-2004, 02:58 PM
Brock94SVX

ok lets settle this pricing aurgument rightnow OK...

prices are based on three things:

SUPPLY & DEMAND (market)
How much is a new one after rebates
desire

the less a car is availabe the higher typically the seller will get for a car.

If you REALLY want a car and you tell that to the person your buying from...DUH...the seller gets more than if would if maybe somone that just wanted ANY car in that price range.

ok heres been my experince.. these cars are rather hard to find esp. when you want certin colors and equipment and year.

the standard for pricing is pretty much kelly blue book (kbb.com)
but it is only a guide...a car with high milage or in no so perfect will not be worth as much as a "clean one with lower milage" old saying goes... you get what you pay for... in the SVX's case
rule of thumb...these cars book for $4000-$8,000 for the average one...now add the fact a 97 (last year) only has 25,000 miles..well , that car is worth way more compared to my 94-L (2wd) which i only paid $4800. ok i felt i got a great for as clean as it was and with only having 97,000 miles...so the deal is....you should find a clean AWD 92-95 (for aprox $4500-$6500 depending on milage...if you think thats high...then...don't buy one...if you only have $3500 to spend...save up for more...its that simple "you truly get what you pay for" oh some advice pay somone $100 at a shop to inspect it (its cheap insurance)

this information is not crap...i have worked in the car business for alomst 5 years. I've worked at a USED car store for the last 2 and we specialize in $10,000 & under pricing...also..think about it...a riding lawnmower is about $1500 for used decent one and a new mt bike (a nice one) is aprob $1,000 so...how much do you think a car should be if its celan, runs, and go faster than both of those combined?
think about it....
also..if you think its too much don't aurgue..don't beat the guy up...just don't buy it..simple i'm from a new breed of dealer...just tell me what your looking to find...if i have it, i have it...if i don't i may or may not offer you some advice as to how you'll find what your looking for...period...i don't like to play games or waste time.

Last edited by Brock94SVX; 03-20-2004 at 03:03 PM.