View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Leaks And Prices Causin Havoc, Need Advice.

Appreciate the help, Socal i talked with rock auto, and the 117 is out of stock, and they have the acdelco one wich takes 12 days to ship cause they have to pre-order, sources say acdelco may not be a good fit, even though its replica. And im going to take hucks advice and guess its the o-ring, the noise cools off alot ones i put some tranny fluid but it leaks it all out in 1 day!. Its drivin me nuts, im figurin if i fix the lp and hp hoses, get a new oring and flush the pump the nightmares will end. So far the valve cover gaskets and lp hose with the oring and shipping came out to 125. Im guessin the hp hose will go for around 100. hopefully 225 does it im doin it thru the mechanic, instead of the dealership, im just tired of goin in and out the shop i wanna get the parts and just get it fixed. When i first took it to the shop the saw the leak in the hose, the (lp one), and from the valve cover gaskets, the one from the gaskets is not that bad its very small, but i wanna get it done before it gets bigger.

Blacky, im really confused at this point cause i have confirmed that the lp hose has a small leak, but its def not gushing, im starting to think its the hp hose. I did flash a light,..... its so far back, i can't see it directly comming out of the hose, the leak is right behind the end of the valve cover gasket. Just to be sure im might just order a brand new hp hose as well, cause if the hose is completly recked their would be no use in repairing it. Who knows if the leak will be fixed forsure.

Crazy pilot, how can i confirm if it is the rack, and what other spots maybe leakin, cause its 100% the tranny flued, i mean a bottle a day its goin nuts.

Thanks again feller's wallet is empty got like 15 on the account plus i need to put down for the hose and the mechanic, so as soo as i get this over with i will let u know. For now im just tryn not to drive it too much till i get it fixed, anymore help will be great, thanks again.