View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 02:31 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: Petition to get White House to reduce grey market importation from 25 to 15 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92snowmachine View Post
with all this administration has done to cater to failing auto industry i find it hard to believe that interest group politics wouldn't take control over this one. i'll sign it and hope but don't hold your breath.
Cater too? If anything this adminstration has been the most anti-auto industry since the Model T. Sure there was the continuation and actual agreements on the free cash handout by W. to the industry but it also put a ton of stipulations on the "loans". You must remember that had the loans not happened there would be no GM right now, there would be no Fiatsyer, Ford probably would have gone as well since many of the suppliers would have gone under, there would be another 4-6 percent out of work just in those jobs related to the auto industry.

Now those pesky little CAFE standard that he was the first finally get an increase in 30 years was surely a pat on the back for the auto industry as was the increase of ethanol in gas to 15% or the continued love affair with smokestack cars without the federal funding to create Prius Incest and Volt lanes between the bike lane and sidewalk. Don't forget about the breaking of the back of the auto unions. Sorry but the facts show that Obama has been no friend to the auto industry.

When the auto industry see's this administration coming they frantically start trying to figure out how to insert their butt plugs.

Yeah, I did sign it but sadly, he'll probably just stick it up Joe's butt and not inhale. Don't even get me started on Obama's total disregard for the collector car industry. Just think crush, crush, crush.