View Single Post
Old 02-13-2005, 08:51 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXMAN2001
not trying to hijack your thread or anything, but i am having the same exact problems (well says my mechanic)

I took my car in and they recommended i get the cam seals, crank seal, and the valve cover gaskets.

When i change my oil every 3k i always get about 6 quarts back. I just happen to smell oil when i drive the car after a while. Not while driving, but when i get out.

Will i notice anything after having these seals and gaskets done? (smoother engine) or is it more of a piece of mind knowing that your car is leak free?

It was kinda like what soobie said, my mechanic said that having these oil leaks could start a fire when it dripped onto the exhaust...

Thanks in advance, Chris
Yea i notice the oil smell too when i get out of the car. Weird thing is that i have had the engine on and i have had it revved and ive checked under neath and nothing drips. Maybe a tiny drip once in a while. And when the car is parked and you move it you can see 2 drops of oil on the ground. Thankfully another member has offered to come over and help out with the work....when i can save enough money i will be doing the seals...timing belt...water pump ect. Tom will be saving me about 700 bucks by helpin with the work! Another member mentioned in the thread that if you keep replacing the oil your missing then your fine...he waited 3 yrs before he got his seals done. I switched over to mobil high mileage oil...it has seal conditioner and is good to help prevent seal leakage. This goes for any high mileage oil.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network