View Single Post
Old 02-12-2005, 10:20 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to vzSvx
Re: Re: Oil leak? my problem for 5 months

Quote:
Originally posted by BurgundyBeast

The Mobil One may have been the source of your oil leak in the first place. Synthetic oil is thinner then standard oil, and will leak more easily.

All things concidered, I think the $900 was a bargain for the work that was done, provided it was done correctly.
I bought this car from my brother 4 years ago and all he used for it was Mobil One Synthetic oil, so I just continued using it all these years. It's been doing good and this is the first time I experienced this oil leak problem. I actually switched to a cheaper oil during the last 2 weeks thinking it just get thrown out anyway on the daily basis. I think my car is just getting old and a lot of parts needed to be replaced sooner or later. It's been running great even during the cold winter. Other than the oil leak and alternator over charge, I never had any problems with it since my tranny and rear wheel bearing been replaced a couple years ago. And you're right. It was such a bargain and the my mechanic gave me a 6 month warranty. I actually saved up $1,500 just for this project. I'm glad it worked out fine.
BTW...what is a good alternative oil I can use for this car? Thanks, Steve

"Striving for excellence motivates you. Striving for perfection is demoralizing.".