View Single Post
Old 06-17-2003, 02:46 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Talking Latest ebay find...

Most creative use of pinstripes

Just saw this one today, might be old news to a lot of you. This auction is a bit confusing to me, although in the end it might be a good deal so I don't mean to bring it down or anything.

First thing that jumps out at me is the STRIPES! I'm sure there are mixed feelings on those, but you have to admit it is a unique placement of them. Oh but no worries, in the seller's exact words: "they are takeoffable".

So did the "1 owner" "old lady" put these pin stripes on? The way he adds the part about the new tires and stripes at the end makes me think maybe he did that. So wouldn't it be a 2 owner car at that point? Or did he think adding the stripes would help raise the selling price?

Also, what is up with the license plate? Did the 1 owner old lady add that on, or did she import the car over, or did the seller add that on for fun?

And what the heck is a Subary? That name is used twice in the auction, once in the title and once in the description.

Again, I don't want to prevent bids on this auction or anything, especially if the seller is a member here, but this gave me a good laugh and then started to raise some questions.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...