View Single Post
Old 11-05-2003, 03:09 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
Do the math. a 600$ paintjob, with a written agreement that it will look good for at least ONE year, if not two, is better than a 2500$ paintjob thats done perfectly... i personally have thought about this and here goes. You get your car painted for 600$... they have some overspray, You tell them to fix it or they aren't getting their money, and you want it perfect. You end up with them putting about 4 layers of paint, fixing anything they screwed up, and figuring out exactly how to paint your car correctly. (yeah the paint still sucks) so then 2 years later, its maybe faded, or coming off your bumpers you get it painted AGAIN... pay another $600, repeat *****ing and whining until perfect... even after 8 full years of excellent looking paint, you've spent 2400$, and then, i bet even your 2500$ paintjob is going to be nicked to hell, and faded. either way, its just a little more time and effort, and not such a large investment at one time. you just have to be willing to fight for it. plus, who knows when you're going to be stuck behind a gravel truck, and end up with a huge nick on your hood, or in an accident and get your car repainted for that anyway... I would prefer a better paintjob, and not deal with getting it repainted, but i DON"T have the money for that, and i'm guessing others don't either

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker