Thread: Brake kits
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 09:29 AM
Nürburgring Warrior!

Registered SVX
Re: Brake kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX_MY_BABY View Post
Sometimes as they age the lines begin to act like one way valves which stops the fluid and thus pads from retreating when the brake is no longer being applied. Typical symptom of this is premature pad wear and hot wheel from the constant friction. It also give the brakes a less firm feel. Same sort of thing can happen in the master cylinder.

If you are replacing all rotors & pads replacing the lines doesn't add that much too the cost.

I am really pleased with my Cryogenic rotors from ART. About the same price as OEM but last a lot longer.

If you go with re-manufactured callipers I strongly suggest you paint them with calliper or engine paint. The surface on re-mans is shot blasted and rusts very quickly. The centric callipers loaded with pads are reasonably priced. If you buy them trough ART they will pay the shipping back on the cores.
Exactly! Good fluid, braided lines & high quality pads and rotors will make all the difference in the world. I ran cryo treated rotors on my Evo and loved them. Something about a black rotor that just looks cool! Cryo treating really extended the life out of my rotors. I was doing a lot of track days when I lived in England and Brembo rotors aren't cheap. Getting rotors cryo treated isnt too expensive and really pays off in the long run. Even more so if you have a car that is too heavy and/or under-braked.