Thread: Bad news for me
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2003, 05:55 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Troy,

I've been laid off quite a few times in my career. The first time is the hardest. Chin up. You have to realize that you are a person. "You are not your job or what you do." I know it's difficult, but you have to realize that your company has made the decision that you are no longer an integral cog in their plans. So, you have to look out for yourself now. What you do or what you don't do doesn't matter to them now. Put yourself as number 1. Get your resume up to snuff. You company has facilities such as phones. computers, fax machines, copiers, etc. Put these things to good use in your interest. You wont have these things after June. Get your personal finances in shape and cut down on your frivilous expenses. Sit down and come up with a plan to get interviews and and to impress the interviewers (what makes you a better choice than the 50-100 other guys he just interviwed for the same position). Your state unemployment office is a good source of booklets on how to present yourself and on possible leads. Finally, don't get down on yourself, if you are out of work for a long time. Have fun every once in awhile. You will get through this. Good Luck.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!