View Single Post
Old 08-14-2005, 06:12 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd
That's pretty sweet. I've read that you can improve the straight-line acceleration and braking performance in the 2.5GT by stiffening up the suspension and running better tires.

I've been doing some research on several different Subaru models of late. May start test driving this Fall. Things are happening at work...

-Chike
yeah, thr RE-92's just mess everything up. i don't understand why Subaru insists on using these crappy tires that destroy their performance test numbers in the car magazines. if they had better stats in their reviews, they'd probably sell more alot more cars. they could even use cheaper tires than the RE-92's (from Bridgestone's lineup) and do better, so cost isn't even an issue.

i have a copy of Road&Track's Speed magazine where they add springs, sway bars, new tires, and STi brakes to an LGT, and it beat the STi on the skidpad and slalom, and just got 1 foot longer braking from 60. this was on a Limited model with power leather and sunroof, too. no power mods, but acceleration increased .2 sec to 60 from just having better tires.

when i get the chance, i'm putting some new pads and SS lines on. i don't think the Brembo's will offer much improvement over stopping power vs. the cost, and will mainly just help with fade. the stock brakes on the LGT are pretty capable - the rear LGT rotors are bigger than the front rotors on the WRX! (although i don't know what size rotors the '06 WRX will be running - they may be beefed up due to the 2.5L engine.)

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)