View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 09:30 PM

Registered SVX
Intro and questions

Hi guys,

I've just signed up today...I don't have an SVX yet, but am seriuosly thinking about one.

However...there's a catch, because I want to see if I can get one going as a rally car...I reckon there's some potential with 300hp, AWD, and Subaru swapability (read WRX parts). And did I mention unique?

However...weight is obviously the major factor.

So, before I pop this over on the main forum (where I confess, not many of the US are up to Aussie ingenuity) to ask these questions...I'll fire them up here:
  1. Weight - what could I get it down to if I remove almost everything? ABS, complete interior, AC system, stereo's blah blah...only need a dash, roll cage and race seats? I see on the US bits they talk about 2500lbs...I'm thinking 1300kg
  2. Suspension - there's some confusion about whether WRX bits fit...seems not, but has anybody tried?
  3. Brakes - assume that WRX brakes can be fitted with ease? I'm thinking of normal 4 piston and 2 piston STi setup
  4. 6-speed - DCCD would be mandatory, I read a few posts about conversions - some say new shafts, otehrs say only a tailshaft. Are the shafts on the standard SVX interchangeable with WRX/Liberty?
  5. Engine mods - has anybody seen any cams done for them? I wouldn't be allowed to change the manifolds, so can only up the compression, hi-flow the heads, new cams and an exhaust...

Thanks,
Matt