View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 07:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
Thanks for the insight Beav. The replacement drier I purchased does not have a sight glass, so unfortunately I cannot check for it that way. I did have it evacuated, but there may be a bit of moisture still in the system as they didn't put under a deep vacuum. It may also be that there is too much oil, as I didn't drain any oil out of the system before adding the R134. I haven't added any sealer, as the shop told me that it held a vacuum just fine.

It seems to cycle more in warm rather than hot weather, but I haven't really made any close observations. I haven't been driving much lately, but it has worked for the most part.

KuoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beav
Normally one assumes that R-12 will yield 1 degree per 1 psi on the low side. R-134 is close enough to consider the same. Soooo..... most systems will operate best at approx 31-34 psi on the low side when full and spinning at ~2,000 rpm. Give it a few minutes to somewhat cool the interior as elevated interior temps will affect the reading. Lower pressures will usually result in compressor clutch cycling due to low refrigerant charge levels.