View Single Post
Old 01-26-2004, 02:29 AM
abrasive personality

Send a message via AIM to NomadTW
okay, i don't know why this was brought to the front but it's the first i've ever seen of this thread... so i read it all

now assuming it exists, it's been established that it is not a 3.3l, it is said basically so in the first post
i refer to the mention of bore/stroke
people ask, why would subaru do this? subaru does FI not N/A
WRONG
does anyone know of the ej25? the ej25 is the 2.5L engine of the... get this... 2.2L engine!!! bored and stroked, to reach 2.5L out of the same block.
now.. this makes me wonder why the number of 2.6L of bore/stroke was chosen. seeing as how they already have basically all the parts needed to perform the same bore/stroke as the 2.2 to 2.5 conversion why wouldn't they use those same pistons same rods and everything that are in the 2.5 and increase the bore/stroke the same... total displacement 3.75L

i don't want to figure out the math, nor do i want to go to the equation that is somewhere many pages back on the thread, perhaps chicane would like to do that

now at 3.75L and a 7000rpm redline, how infeasable is it to make 500hp n/a? what are the numbers?

again it wouldn't be very expensive for subaru to convert the 3.3 to 2.75 since it's the same thing that they did to the 2.2 to go to 2.5 and they already did it once, and the eg33 is based on the ej22

this also brings the point that it would not be hard/expensive for someone to bore out their svx to 2.75L and make much more hp n/a. not 500hp i'm sure, but 300 w/ a similar torque curve to stock just more of it would be quite atainable, and with this comes the availilbility of ej25 internal parts which are much easier to find than eg33 internals forged rods high comp pistons etc, you'd need a different crank but that's part of the stroke anyway... someone should do it
get some sti internals (same ej25 basically)

as for the pace car, if anyone is unaware it is scheduled to be shown at this years reading meet... if your not planning to come as of now you should come if you want to see the car