View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 04:29 PM
Go Riders Go!

Send a message via MSN to Canuck
We're Home

Well Gang, I made it home.

As my wife explained, I lost web access via my phone some place in Idaho and didn't get it back until I was across the border. That's the reason I wasn't posting.

The drive through Idaho was uneventfull. I stopped and did some Mothers Day shopping. I want my wife to look her best in her new car. The drive through Montana was great! Ya know, I think there was a time a few years ago where Montana didn't have a speed limit. Fines were only given out if you were driving too fast for the cars ability. It would have been clear sailing for me. I don't know how many of you have driven through the mountains in Montana but the drive has steep grades, winding roads with some hairpin turns and breath-taking scenery; SVXs were made for Montana, or is it the other way around?

I didn't have too much trouble getting across the border. I had done my homework on the required paper-work so it was pretty smooth. It took between 60 an 90 min. And of course I had to pay the GST and duty on the car.

Once into Albreta it was getting pretty late into the night, about 1:00 or 2:00 a.m. I didn't realize it but I was getting really tired. I was starting to see things on the road that weren't there. I decided that I should look for a place to stop for a break. Just then I came over a rise and there was a herd of deer right in the middle of the road. With some fancy steering and a lot of luck I swerved and missed them all. It woke me up fast, but I decided that I should still stop.

I didn't make it home in time to go our for Mothers Day brunch with my kids and my wife but I think she forgave me the instant she saw the car. She immediatley took it for a spin and my oldest daughter who is 15 and has her learners licence said "I call that car when you die." Everyone lovers it!

I spent the rest of the day doing yardwork with my new baby sitting out front on the driveway to show her off.

The lack of sleep finally caught up with me. I crashed about 5:30. I woke up at around 6:30 realizing that I hadn't been to church yet. Mass was at 7:00 and it's a 40 minute drive to town for Sunday night mass - NOT IN AN SVX THOUGH! I made it there with 5 min. to spare!

Well I guess that's about the end of my story. I'll send some pics tonight.

Now that this car is tucked nicely into the garage in my wifes parking spot, it's time to plan my trip to Scranton, PA to pick up my 93 Anniversary Edition.

Stay tuned ......
1993 25th Anniversary Edition ~74K #291

I like mine rare.